Date: 27th November 2008
Mumbai lost its sleep on a Wicked Wednesday(26th Nov 2008)..and woke up to an even worse Thursday(27th Nov 2008)... all thanks to you..!!. I know you and your brothers have an emotional attachment with Mumbai and it occupies a very special corner in your heart. Mumbai, a very soft target, witnessed unimaginable terror in wake of the grenade attacks and frenetic firings in and around strategic locations of the city. I must compliment you on your planning and co-ordination to carry out operations so efficiently. Very adeptly you have targeted the high life of Mumbai (Taj & Trident Hotels) and also the common man’s life (Vileparle Blasts & CST Station firings) and made sure that the repercussions of these attacks were felt by entire Mumbai.
I had never witnessed the CST Station bearing such a deserted look...nor had I seen the Taj Hotel in such a panic and terrified state before.
Look at what you have done....
- You have definitely succeeded in instilling fears in the minds of every Indian especially Mumbaikars but to some extent only. You haven’t been able to shake up our spirit (the famous ‘Mumbai Spirit’) and our verve that is an integral part of our personality
- You certainly have rocked financial epicentre of India but also made sure that the stock markets gets a much needed rest it deserved. Even the SENSEX was tired of reaching new depths. Good that you made the investors happy for at least a day.
- People who dared to venture out of their houses had a pleasant surprise waiting for them...! They had an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of watching Mumbai‘s scenic life from the window seat of local trains instead of their daily routine of fighting for the fourth seat or competing with thousands to find leg space inside trains. All credit goes to you....!
- You may have forced the authorities to close down all the schools and colleges but whose complaining...?? The students are certainly not..!
- The current India-England ODI series has been called off as a tribute to your noble acts. The England team will definitely heave a sigh of relief and thank you profusely for helping then avoid an embarrassing whitewash
This is best that you have achieved...and can ever get...!!
Do not be ecstatic about the results you managed to pull off...These were possible only due to some strong reasons which I wish to clarify to you...
- Firstly there are 6 million odd people risking their lives in Mumbai's commuter trains. Checking every bag and briefcase is simply a logistical impossibility.
- The Indian Judicial System (courts & police) is currently busy in solving the 30 million pending cases and that also includes your previous attempts to sabotage the image of Mumbai (The Ghatkopar Bus blast , the July 2006 Train bombings). Once they are done with it kindly be a little cautious since your days of freedom then will be numbered.
- The opposition parties are busy with their anti-government strategy regarding the nuclear deal and the privatization of pension funds. Once they come together and assist the government to maintain law and order in the society then you are in for a big surprise
- Also the government is currently concentrating on the upcoming general elections and on finding reasons and excuses to quote that ‘India is not impacted by the Global Financial turmoil’
- Last but not the least, Mr Raj Thackeray – who has hardly any time from his Anti-Bihari Campaign. Just pray that he doesn’t find time or else once he decides to come in public against you...you are a dead duck for sure..! His scathing comments and fiery speeches are enough to bring even the best in business down to their knees. Good that you haven’t heard from him yet
Remain rest assured that once all of these get their act together we will certainly be a force to reckon and don't expect India to waver after that. I thank you from the bottom of my heart because you have made us realize that we can fight terrorism only if we combine our efforts. Once we achieve this we would then transform into such a potent force that no organization like yours will even dare to think of entering India. And to add to it you will even sleep with your backs to our country.
I would like to conclude this letter saying that you have failed to hit Mumbai. You could only inflict a mere cut on our flesh. Once the cut dries up and cures all that will be left is a scar – a painless scar....that will constantly keep reminding us the golden rule that you have taught us – “Be United”.
In case you plan to come to Mumbai again you will be surprised to see a jam packed CST Station, people walking fearlessly near the Taj hotel, friends and colleagues having a jolly good time at Leopold Cafe and people streaming out of Metro Cinemas discussing the movie they just watched – yes these are the same areas that you visited this time - everything would be the same as before. The one thing that you will find missing is the fear that you tried to imprint on their minds. That would have been replaced by a greater passion and zest to make Mumbai a better place to live.
A True Mumbaikar
P.S. You call yourself the Deccan Mujahideen right? Mujahideenrefers to the sacrifice committed by oneself for ‘Jihad’. In return for all the great help you have been to us all throughout we would like to have the honour of sacrificing you for your noble cause called Jihad.